Choosing the right type of footwear for women can be difficult. High heels can exacerbate a number of foot-related issues such as bunions, plantar fasciitis, and ingrown toenails. Flats, on the other hand, don’t provide enough support for the foot. Knowing what to look for in a shoe can save you from a number of foot problems. Throughout the day, your feet tend to increase in size; with this in mind, it is recommended to buy shoes later in the day when the feet are largest. If a pair of shoes you want don’t offer arch support, try orthotic inserts to make them more comfortable and appropriate for your feet. Knowing what shoes to wear for specific occasions is important. Athletic shoes generally provide great comfort and support and are a good choice for everyday activities. When wearing high heels or flats, try not to wear them for more than two hours. Finally, make sure that the shoes you purchase aren’t too pointy for the toes. Shoes that allow the toes to wiggle around are recommended.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of Dr. Michael E. Newman, DPM from Pennsylvania. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of one of our offices located in Plymouth Meeting and Ambler, PA. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size: To Keep Your Feet Happy